Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Remember?

Wow, I'm back! I haven't posted anything since April 4th, so I hope no one has forgotten me...

So, who remembers newsgroups? Anyone? NNTP? Usenet? Those who are familiar with them know that they are the oh-so-addictive precursor to blogging. Yeah, they're still out there, and they are still as active as ever. To those who are not familiar with them... I'll bet you'd like 'em!

There are newsgroups for every topic under the sun, and I am not using that as a figure of speech - I mean everything, from boring shop talk to hobbies and interests to the most depraved extremities of human endeavor, and all points in bewteen. There are some I look on regularly, but the ones I want to draw attention to here are the political ones. One, for example, is alt.impeach.bush (I use outlook express as a newsreader, but the link goes to Google groups for those who don't). To those who've never explored newsgroups, you'll find them a bit more raw than blogs. Lots more name-calling, like "rightards," "leftards," "fucktards," and various other types of 'tards. In alt.impeach.bush, look for posts by Roedy Greene, a favorite of mine, or Harry Hope; there are others. You might even see something from me!

No comments: