Sunday, October 8, 2006

Me? Suspicious?

In light of pre-Foley-scandal reports that Conservative websites claim Rove has been promising GOP insiders an 'October surprise', my wheels are spinnin' about how the alleged October Surprise is or is not connected to the scandal. Did "Foleygate" actually catch the repubican party by surprise? Or, is it part of a greater scheme? After all, the information was brought to light by a republican. But how could that be used by them to their advantage?

The only possible scenario I can come up with at this point, if I had to, is that the scandal would serve to divert attention from the extremely bad news about the two wars (Afghanistan & Iraq), then the repuplicans will follow up by stealing the election with electronic voting machines.

Anyone else? I'm open to suggestions.

4 comments:

The Future Was Yesterday said...

I think you're on the right scent. Re the electronic voting machines....that's a foretgone conclusion, imo. I'll just cut, edit a bit, and then repaste a comment I made earlier to another blog, since I am incredibly lazy......
I wonder if the RNC isn't hanging Foley out to dry, as was Dick Armitage (sp?), who fell on every sword past and present, for the team. Look at it this way: The services of two Republicans lost for life: weeks upon weeks of heavy smoke over Iraq gained just before an election. The RNC has shown no aversion to cannablism of it's own, during this administration's reign of terror.

SheaNC said...

Yup, that's what I wonder, too. It's so easy to go off on tangents with those people because, knowing what they have done in the past, the most bizarre or convoluted conspiracy theory ends up being perfectly realistic!

Mike of the North said...

Hey, didja see my link on kucinich's bill on paper balllots?

Mike of the North said...

Ballots...Balllots... whatsa' difference?