Monday, June 27, 2005

The Future of (Ignored) News in America

Confronting Iraq
Rumsfeld, to U.S. troops: "It is unknowable how long that conflict will last. It could last six days, six weeks. I doubt six months."
Cheney, on Meet the Press: "...My belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators... I think it will go relatively quickly,... (in) weeks rather than months."
Rumsfeld: Iraq Insurgency Could Last Years
Rumsfeld said the insurgency "could go on for any number of years... Insurgencies tend to go on five, six, eight, 10, 12 years."
Again, I ask: which is better - political leaders who lie to you, or are incompetent? Those are the choices. The clock is ticking and the blood still flows.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Blood spills on many soils, and souls lost number more than souls saved by the W,Rove and Co.

I love it when they trot out the old nine eleven gambit as an excuse for the war in Iraq. I do remember, and if I am not mistaken, nine eleven happened on their watch.

And it is funny, you know. It seems like a direct correlation. As the morass gets deeper, the rhetoric more simple. Brace yourselves for a healthy dose of Bushspeak later this day.

SheaNC said...

I feel it coming at me like a hypodermic needle...