Monday, December 20, 2004

Love It Or Leave It?

From the following links, a few kindred spirits address life in modern America:

Rude Rich

Mark T

Whatever good things used to be associated with America are rapidly being replaced by neocon horrors. Dickensian workplace standards, Taliban-style Christianity, no middle class, no labor unions, no healthcare or education for anyone who is not wealthy. Worst of all, the cult-like devotion of their dedicated followers, willing to surrender all the rights, liberties, and securities that Liberal Americans fought and died for; willing to trade those for more of the cheap crap they need to fulfill their infantile, materialistic needs. Willing to be used as cannon fodder for neocon corporate impirialism, and to hand over their children and ours to be abused as well.

I can hardly believe it has happened in my lifetime.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi There,
It has happened in our lifetime--as sad as that is. So what are we going to do about it? There are so many of us that I have to beleive together we can make a difference. Check out my foundation's website--pangeapeace.org--it's still under construction, but the mission statement is up and this week there will be a "get active" page where you can sign a postcard for peace and learn about other initiatives WorldWorks is doing to combat the horrors of not only this administration's action, but the societal ailments that have helped support our journey to this ridiculous place.

SheaNC said...

Hello, welcome, and thanks for the great response. I checked out PangeaPeace and it looks great! I wish you great success with it (as I wish us all great success in surviving these trying times). I hope you don't mind if I add a link to PangeaPeace here.

I appreciate your message. It addresses an important issue we face since the election: do we surrender in defeat, or do we unite and work together to rescue our democracy? For the sake of life on earth, now and in the future, I think it's important we each do whatever we can.

Mike of the North said...

Wow! as I checked on the 'sponses I looked at the ad banner and it was all adds for "troop care packages" and "support our troops" stuff. Dooya thank there is some hanky pank going on here?

I know, paranoia....

Mike of the North said...

It has to be key words...

Love It or Leave It?

I think I will sign up for ad sense and see whatwe shall see.

SheaNC said...

Well, you saw how it threw me at first. I think that in my case (and this probably happens to the others too), I mention the bad guys more than the good guys, so there are more keywords on the blog about the things I don't like than there is about the stuff I do like. But, after a short while it began to pick up on the stuff I actually want, and now it's showing links to democrat sites and stuff. So, don't be surprised if it gets weird at first. I saw other sites with the same problem... all we do is talk about Bush, etc., and we end up with a bunch of republican ads! Just gotta do more posts about other stuff. And actually, you do a lot of posts about a variety of things (the war, separation of church and state, etc.) so it will be interesting to see what it comes up with first :)