Sunday, February 8, 2009

Celebrate!

I haven't posted in a long time 'cause I wanted to leave everyone lots of time to read my looooooooooooooooooong final Bush-years post. Now, I have to hurry up and post because the holidays are coming. What holidays, you ask? Why, February 12th, of course...it's DARWIN DAY!



As noted in last year's Darwin Day post, I live with a polydactyl cat (artist's rendering at right - not actual cat). This qualifies me, I think, as one who has done his part to encourage the progressive evolution of cats in general to the six-toed ideal. I mean, my cat can't actually reproduce (please don't ask him, he's sensitive about it). But the cat and I both encourage other cats to maintain an open mind about such things. And that's pretty good, if you ask me (you can also ask the cat, and he will offer an opinion).

By the way, here are my Darwin Day posts from 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008.

Rock on, all you non-believers! Crack open some wine (Blue Nun might be appropriate) and evolve! Because when all is said and done, we're right, even if we have to wait until after we're dead to prove it :)

4 comments:

Grandpa Eddie said...

ROCK ON my friend!
All those full of their religiosity will find out soon enough...oops, no they won't 'cause dead is dead and that 'dirt nap' is f-o-r-e-v-e-r!

Well the ax fell on me. Have joined the ranks of the unemployed....more time to start bloggin' again.

Be back later to catch up on your 'Bush Be Gone' posts.

Grandpa Eddie said...

Gotta go check out the Darwin Day stuff. He's one of my heros, right up there with Thomas Jefferson.

SheaNC said...

Hey, Grandpa Eddie. Sorry to hear about the axe. Hope everything gets better soon!

Grandpa Eddie said...

Damn....I spelt aks wrong

LOL