...with the task of offering 8 interesting, random facts about moi:
1. Politically, I'm a Pluralist: I pick and choose what I think are the best ideas from whatever political ideology I want; left, right, up, down, whatever.
2. I am a great bass player. No, I am more than a bass player... I'm a Bassist.
3. My favorite art style right now is Googie (like this or this or...)
4. However, my favorite artist at the moment is not googie at all, but is instead the dark and demented, late, great Edward Gorey (try this or this or...)
5. I used to be a typesetter, and I loved it.
6. I have always cultivated madness in the belief that it is good for my art. It has been said that manic-depression is good for one's art. I am hoping paranoia, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and mild autism are helpful, too.
7. An embarrassing truth: I think young-people's books, especially those produced over the last few years, are the coolest. I'll take Lemony Snicket over Stephen King any day.
8. I am still convinced that the greatest television show of all time is Northern Exposure. No matter how messed up our civiliation becomes, at least we had that.
Now... am I supposed to tag eight other people? Do I even know eight people? Okay, um...