Sunday, October 19, 2008

At least they're consistent

For quite a while, my blog posts, when I do produce one, are usually negative. That’s because I am one of those people who is more inspired to blog about the injustices of the world than about the niceties. My passions for social and political commentary are driven by my fury at those terrible things, those wrongs that must be righted before I can ever find peace.

When I described being overwhelmed in my last post, I neglected to describe one of the symptoms, which has a direct effect on blogging. That is, I find it difficult to focus and concentrate on a topic when my head is filled with the cacophony of badness that we are left with at the last days of the Bush administration. So as I return to blogging proper, I want to start throwing out random topics and try to weed the mental garden so that I may ultimately try to shine a positive light in here sometimes.

There are two things that are biggies with me, as far as blogging goes, and they are both interconnected as current reports come to light. They are:

1. Hypocrisy, my biggest pet peeve, which is something I truly believe is the glue that holds the republican party together. I can’t think of a single issue about which republicans and so-called “conservatives” are not hypocrites. I am open to being proven wrong about that, but so far it hasn’t happened.

2. Election fraud / voter fraud. I am passionate about this subject. It is the thing that really drove me to really get into political blogging. I maintain (as you probably know) that the republican party cannot win a fair election, and they are well aware of that. So, they must engage in completely unethical practices involving voter suppression, election fraud, and all manner of un-American acts which are such an insult to democracy and to our Constitution, that they are easily defined as treason.

Where does this leave us today? Well, there is a mountain of evidence of election and voter fraud that has been and is being perpetrated by the Republican party. They realized many years ago that they can't win if people vote, because more people vote for democrats.
Paul Weyrich — a principal architect of today's Republican Party — scolded evangelicals who believed in democracy. "They want everybody to vote. I don't want everybody to vote... As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down." thanks nunya for that link

Voters say they were duped into registering as Republicans

Study Finds States Purging Millions of Voters in Secret

And check out Nunya's posts here and here.
At the same time, the repukes try to draw attention away from their insidious activities by pointing the finger of blame where no blame exists:
Despite the screaming wall-to-wall coverage of "Democratic voter fraud in 11 swing states" as seen on Fox News and even the once-respectable CNN, none of it's true. None of it.
And of course, there is my old post that is still important:
Restored: 20 Amazing Facts about Voting in the USA.
Again, the Republicans know full well that they cannot win an election unless they cheat. Oh, and did I forget to mention that Joe the plumber is a fake?!.

Here is what I believe, and I challenge anyone to prove me wrong: WHATEVER A REPUBLICAN SAYS IS THE OPPOSITE OF THE TRUTH.

UPDATE:
Other important resources concerning republican election tampering are here, and here.


Also, see the video below.



Now, I'd like to close with something a little more upbeat, thanks to a link via betmo:

2 comments:

The Future Was Yesterday said...

"2. Election fraud / voter fraud. I am passionate about this subject. "
We share a common anger. I truly believe, when the DP vacated it's core values as evidenced by the actions of Congress, that both parties now play "footsie's" with voter registration, poll access, and more. When those actions happen, and they are not swiftly stopped, and the cost of committing that error made so high that a repetition is not worth it, only bad things can happen. If "they are allowed to get away with it, why can't I?", and the snowball gets bigger in a real hurry.

The truth a lot of folks don't want to face is, not only do we have a white house which feels it's accountable to no one, but e also have a congress with the exact same mindset!!

billie said...

i have to agree with all you have written :) i don't tend to be a shiny, happy person most of the time either. my biggest peeve is the lack of accountability and the horrible lack of ability of most folks to look at anything deeper than skin deep. and the fact that human beings don't change- we have been the same for milennia.